One of the funniest jobs is to become a radio dj. However, it is challenging to get up in the, morning and make everyone laugh. But people involved in this, play music, laugh or attend callers on phone besides interviewing famous musicians and celebrities and become the center of attention. They actually get the pay to represent the station during concerts and other shows of award. To get a job in this area, you need to learn a good range of broadcasting skills.
Dj Schools know best how to make a radio jockey by giving good mentorship. They actually teach you the ropes and give the look of an insider at the station apart from the industry. These schools teach you the requisite skills to gain employment and perform the job very well. They teach you the way to announce realistically, interact with callers, and interview the guests, voice commercials and other necessary skills. Moreover watching any professional at work and getting good experience and receiving valuable feedback is also an important way to learn. When choosing a Dj school, you should have all the answers to essential questions like
1. What is the actual strategy for development of important contacts inside the broadcasting industry?
2. What is the strategy to help the broadcasters, directors of program and other contacts in order to know you?
3. What is the strategy for getting employment once the training is complete?
The term” Strategy” here rightfully means the well designed plan before actually starting the journey to become a radio dj. Otherwise you may be relying on lucky breaks to get the career of broadcasting. You must understand the industry, develop contacts, attain solid skills, and have valuable skills to move to the next step. All these qualities will actually help you in getting the job. A good interview taken by you for your favorite brand is necessary to build your image and get a happier audience.
Several schools are able to actually teach you the skills of announcement. But it is more important to establish your foot in the door of actual radio industry during the process of training. These schools mainly focus on all the candidates for a few particular things.
1. How to use your voice.
2. The way of what to do and how to go about saying it.
3. Properly set the structure like the way to start your air-set, where to go, how to end while keeping it brief.
4. Discovering the economy of words.
5. How to prepare yourself for mental multitasking. Any DJ requires you to track about many things at once.
6. The difference between talking above music and talking through no music
7. Reading the commercials very skillfully.
8. Realizing the proper energy for the format – the main difference between Jazz, rap and rock along with Country.
9. Knowing the role and importance of enunciation, pacing, pronunciation, and inflection.
10. Volume of your voice and projection
11. All these skills do not come automatically but can easily be taught by an experienced school of Dj only.